Student Aid Report (SAR)The Student Aid
Report (SAR) is a paper or electronic document that gives you some basic
information about your eligibility for federal student aid and lists your
answers to the questions on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA). You obtain this from the FAFSA website.
For the 2019/2020 Scholarship cycle, we will require the 2019/2020 Student Aid Report reflecting your full name and EFC score.
- The SAR can be downloaded as a PDF
from the FAFSA site after you submit your FAFSA application.
Log in to fafsa.ed.gov by entering your student credentials
and accepting terms.
You will be taken to My FAFSA 2019-2020.
You will see the status of your application. Under that are
links provided, select:
"View or Print your Student Aid Report" (click ok when
You will be taken to your 2019-2020
Electronic Student Aid Report (SAR)
You will "Print this page"
and select "Save as PDF" as your printer option
Or View Student Aid Report
(PDF) and then download the file. (If you receive an error, we recommend
printing to a PDF)
If all else fails, print it to paper and either scan it or
take a photo of page 1 with your EFC Score and name noted.
- Please do not send us links to the
FAFSA site where you are viewing your SAR, for your security FAFSA does not
allow us to access your information.
- Please do not send us links to download the file (ex. Dropbox, google docs, etc), we will not open links to external sites.
are required to apply for the FAFSA and submit it to your school. Our deadline
is in line with the FAFSA deadlines and there should be no problem submitting
your FAFSA and obtaining the Student Aid Report corresponding to the
application cycle by the post mark deadline. Note that it is not required
you accept any aid offered by your school or that you qualify for aid in order
to be considered for our scholarship, we only ask that you submit the
application. More information from FAFSA on how to get your Student Aid Report
You can send this document via:
*If you do not have the means to scan
the document, It is also acceptable for you to take a picture of the pages and send us the image. Acceptable file types: GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, PDF
- Fax to: 956-928-0327 (print pages and fax)
- Email to: helpdesk@StarsScholarship.org (Save in PDF format and attach to email or print and scan pages*)
- Mail to: Stars Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 3068, McAllen, TX 78502-3068. (print and mail)
- Upload via Stars account, see instructions here (This option only available until 3/29 at 5pm CST)